My name is Shubhra Kanti Karmaker (“Santu”). I am a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in the department of Computer Science and Software Enginering at Auburn University, Alabama. My primary research interest lies at the intersection of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing. Before joining Auburn University, I was a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), hosted by Dr. Kalyan Veeramachaneni. Prior to joining MIT, I completed my Ph.D. in computer science from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (UIUC) under the supervision of Prof. ChengXiang Zhai. During my PhD, I also worked as a research intern at Microsoft Research (Summer 2017 and 2018), Yahoo Research (Summer 2016) and @WalmartLabs (Summer 2015).
| 1. I am not hiring MS students, if you are interested in Ph.D., directly apply to the program and then send me an email.|
2. I am serving as a PC member of ACL 2021, KDD 2021, SIGIR 2021 and WSDM 2021.!!!!
News and Announcements
- [August 2021] Survey paper accepted at ACM Computing Surveys !
- [January 2021] Demo accepted at IUI 2021 !
- [January 2021] I am serving as a PC member of ACL 2021 !
- [January 2021] I am serving as a PC member of KDD 2021 !
- [October 2020] Best Poster Nomination at CIKM 2020 !!!
- [September 2020] I am serving as a PC member of SIGIR 2021.
- [August 2020] I am serving as a PC member of WSDM 2021.
- [July 2020] I am serving as a PC member of IUI 2021.
- [January 2020] Joined Auburn University.